Anyone use Resource Monitor in W10?

Join in or start a discussion on anything about computers, electronics, mobile phones, smartphones, tablets, laptops or devices. Talk about hardware, apps, software and related subjects including “what is the best video card to use on your system/budget?” Share info about motherboards, networking, hardware and PC building. Share ideas on choosing the best components like CPU, ram, PSU, motherboard and software.

Moderators: jc, Moderator

jc
Site Admin

Anyone use Resource Monitor in W10?

Post by jc » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:53 pm

I came across resource monitor in W10 by going deeper into some of the menus, a bit like the older performance graphs
w10-resorces monitor.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Follow Production Forums on Twitter
Like our Facebook page & follow the conversations.

jmail
Master of the Universe
Master of the Universe

Re: Anyone use Resource Monitor in W10?

Post by jmail » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:32 pm

If I remember from my son's computer jc, you can even set it to "watch" stuff over time for you, but I can't remember for certain. Definitely a step in the right direction. I just wish the rest of the OS was...

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:45 pm

really, it probably has loads of hidden features I would never find or know about. On a side note my IE spell check seems to be finally working miraculously ;)

jmail
Master of the Universe
Master of the Universe

Post by jmail » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:16 am

Just watch for it to make unintended changes... some comical, some not... :wink:

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:31 am

One thing I do not like is Onedrive as I don't use it but keep having it a start up automatically so I was able to easily disable it with a quick search.

jmail
Master of the Universe
Master of the Universe

Post by jmail » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:25 am

That's like the Apple cloud thingie. The wife has an Apple fone, and it's cloud stuff keeps turning on. She also can't "sync" to her computer when it does that... It's like every update they do on her fone, they turn stuff back on. I know Microsoft is doing that, because it's happened to me several times now, where it will take my file extension settings and change which program I want to open a file, and make a Microsoft program... not cool at all... I've got that one drive stuff trying to turn on too, and then there's an Intel one that tries to fire up every once in a while. Keep your eyes on 'em, they'll try again!

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:53 pm

yeah, it must be interesting to be one of those corporate perfect people that MS and apple have in mind when they make this stuff, you know the geek who sat at the front of the class at school, then got all his university degrees got the perfect job, just turns his phone and laptop on and everything syncs perfectly in his perfect life :)