Rix New "Old" Build

Moderators: jc, Moderator

jmail
Master of the Universe
Master of the Universe

Re: Rix New "Old" Build

Post by jmail » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:42 pm

The only problem I have is the banner at the top of the page is "full-screen", but it's the tablet I'm on, not the site... :wink:

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:35 pm

I hoped to have fixed the issues, have you noticed any issues now?
Follow Production Forums on Twitter
Like our Facebook page & follow the conversations.

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:38 pm

jmail wrote:The only problem I have is the banner at the top of the page is "full-screen", but it's the tablet I'm on, not the site... :wink:
jmail, I will be making the forum ad free for members with a certain amount of posts to choose in their profile in the future but for now you can download Adfender which is what I use myself and it runs quietly in the background and blocks out most ads, at least the ones on this forum.

jmail
Master of the Universe
Master of the Universe

Post by jmail » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:31 am

Does it keep those pesky pop-ups at bay - you know the ones, where the MS pop-up blocker doesn't... :lol:

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:05 am

yeah it does a good job, I researched quite a bit before I chose that one but you might want to test out a few of them.

I use IE for general stuff and for websites where I want to keep my cookies like this one. But for most other things I use FF and Chrome as they offer a lot of browser extensions. Firefox seems better with this and I have installed most of their auto play video blockers, image blockers etc as well so I can turn everything off and view web pages without 100 mbs of auto video staming and images which can quiclkly chew up my internet data quota :) So you have to do a few things if you want to make all those pop ups and videos to goo away but adfender does a good job of keeping most stuff from playing or showing. Also it blocks before the ads chew up your data which is important for me,

Also, there should be no popups on this forum, if there is then something is wrong?

jmail
Master of the Universe
Master of the Universe

Post by jmail » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:03 am

No, nothing wrong here. The wife likes to buukphaze and dinterist, goes to shopping sites & news sites, and she'll have 16 tabs open and complain "This computer won't do a ~thing~!" So, I come over and look over her shoulder and see what all she has open, turn around & walk away,. There's no sense in starting another argument with her about all those tabs, a lot of which will have little "buddy tag-a-long" pop-ups with them. She'll finally get aggravated enough to get up and walk away, and I'll go over to the machine, which sometimes is, for all practical purposes, locked-up, and start closing stuff, and then clear the cache. One time, counting all the little pop-ups that get by the MS IE 11 blocker, there were 2 dozen of those little video ads trying to load & play. I wonder why the computer won't work correctly like that... :lol:

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:38 pm

ha yeah sounds familar, i had to constantly cean up my girlfriends laptops in the past, too much facebook crap :)