How Natural Can you go?

Discuss Cosmetics Production, making and testing of cosmetics. organic and natural cosmetics are a popular area discussed.

Moderators: jc, Organic Tester, Moderator

jc
Site Admin

How Natural Can you go?

Post by jc » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:09 pm

One of the things I'm struggling with at the moment in my early part of developing my products is to work out which road to go down in the "natural area". Pretty much the main reason I thought of organic cosmetics was many years ago in the noughties when I was traveling to tropical places and I had to take things like sunscreen, mosquito repellent etc. I have not been a big cosmetic person and I would scoff at my previous girlfriend with how much cosmetics she would buy like most other girls i have known. I only use cosmetics for practical reasons mainly although there are things like after shave and hair gels etc that can be useful if socializing a lot.

I remember back around 2008 when I started traveling a lot and I ordered some organic mozzy repellent and sunscreen as I was a little shocked to see the amount of chemicals in a normal product. All this was going on your skin so you are basically digesting these chemicals except they go in through your skin instead of in your mouth so no bad taste but still the same toxic effects I would say. That got me thinking how many toxins most people take in each day. This can't be good for you surly?

I see that most hair gels for example have a lot of chemicals and they use a particular one often. I have read of people having success with flaxseed and other more natural alteratives in creating gels but they need other things to make them last and be useable, don't leave a mess in your hair etc.

So the problem I'm having though is that not a lot of people are going the organic route as if you don't use many of these chemicals the cosmetics won't last and will be unsuitable for commercial distribution.

So I then have to think, am I doing this to care for people or for money and business? umm well the truth is I'm doing this for business and money but I want to help people as well but that is my 2nd priority although still important, not as important as having a successful business. Might sound tough but life is tough :)

Anyway I want to find a middle ground. I want to create products that are healthy and are not harmful to you but that will be commercially viable.

So this is where I have to really do a lot of research and see what I can come up with, feel welcome to chat ...

to be continued...
Follow Production Forums on Twitter
Like our Facebook page & follow the conversations.

JanetDuckworth
Forum Member

Re: How Natural Can you go?

Post by JanetDuckworth » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:43 am

I would suggest that you look opt for non-toxic cosmetic products, which are paraben free, I personally use the products from Image Skin Care, they are non- toxic and paraben free,specially the stem cell range! just check it out, I am sure you will like it!

jc
Site Admin

Re: How Natural Can you go?

Post by jc » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:03 am

Hi Janet, welcome to the forum and thanks for been the first member to post in the new cosmetic production forum board. Actually this part of Production Forums is still in the start-up phase, just like my own cosmetic brand.

I would be interested to know how you found us, what it for a specific search on google? Anyway it is a good sign to see some interest considering I have not really started doing much with this part of our forum yet but I hope it will grow and other cosmetic manufacturers will participate.

I had a look at that brand you recommended, looks good. I want my brand to be 100% non-toxic and this is an area where I'm still doing a lot of research for my brand.

Customers like your self can also make this forum their home as well and give their opinion and feedback on what they like to see in products plus we have the Veranda where you can talk about any subject you like, although it can get a bit crazy there but all in good fun.
Follow Production Forums on Twitter
Like our Facebook page & follow the conversations.