Starting PatchMix in minimized mode

For all E-MU DAS Devices, including the 0404 PCI/PCIe, 1212M, PCI/PCIe 1616(M) CardBus/PCI/PCIe, 1820(M) and also Patchmix & E-MU PFX

Moderators: jc, Moderator

emulator
Forum Member

Starting PatchMix in minimized mode

Postby emulator » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi all,

I have installed the E-MU 0404PCIe interface with latest drivers and PatchMix Version on Windows 10.
Everything works fine - but only the startup of PatchMix is a little bit annoying.
PatchMix starts always in full windows mode and not in minimized mode.
I have to close the PatchMix window manualy. Patchmix is running in the background.
I tried to change the properties of the file from windows mode to minimized mode - but with no effect.

Is there a solution out there ?

thanks
Frank

emulator
Forum Member

Re: Starting PatchMix in minimized mode

Postby emulator » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi all,

I found a workaround:

1.) create a file with the following content and name it e.g. patchmix.cmd
start /D /min "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative Professional\E-MU PatchMix DSP" EmuPMixDSP.exe

I stored the file patchmix.cmd into folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative Professional\E-MU PatchMix DSP

2.) Press Win+R Button
Execute the following command: shell:startup
This will open your Autostart folder

3.) Mark the Autostart program: EmuPMixDSP
Edit properties
Replace the old Execution program with the new one:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative Professional\E-MU PatchMix DSP\patchmix.cmd"

Now Patchmix is always starting in the background.

jc
Site Admin

Postby jc » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 am

Hey mate, sorry you had to have your posts approved again but you should be all good to go now and Jmail will be around soon to discuss the emu issues with you.

Follow Production Forums on Twitter
Like our Facebook page & follow the conversations.

jmail
Master of the Universe
Master of the Universe

Postby jmail » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:15 am

All I can think of right now is to have you look at your PatchMix Session file, and make sure that it is for the 0404 card, and not the 1212m. You should have two analog inputs, 2 analog outputs. There is also 2 S/PDIF inputs and 2 S/PDIF outputs. So you would have an Analog Left and Right (or A & B) on two separate strips. Those would each have an ASIO SEND in them. I cannot for the life of me remember which Output strip you would have, but it would be like ASIO OUT 1/2 or maybe 3/4, or 31/32, depending upon the Session file. You might also have an S/PDIF L/R strip, and maybe another ASIO OUT routed to the S/PDIF Send. You will almost definitely have a WAVE 1/2 strip. That's about all the Input strips you can have for the 0404 DAS card. You will of course have the Main, and two Aux sections towards the right-hand side of the PatchMix window. If you have any strips with red lettering for the title, and SEND & Meters in the Inserts section, then that means you got a bad Session file. The best thing to do is refer to the Q/A #4 in the site's FAQs Section, and follow the links that work to files off-site for more on PatchMix. Just remember that you've got an 0404, and need digital equipment to be able to use 3 and 4 of the card... With all that, I do remember having similar issues with Windows 10 during their RC stages, but it was fine when they first released. Maybe they did another update and it's back to its old ways of goofing things up for the "legacy" gear... That's what they politely call "old stuff" anymore...

Return to “E-MU DAS Interfaces (0404, 1212, 1616, 1820 & PatchMix)”