Experience with pakedge switch... AVB compatibily

General audio hardware, recording & software discussion. Issues including software installation, mixer settings, cabling setups, mics or other studio equipment. Ask for help with general problems with your system or just discuss anything related to sound and audio recording in general.

General hardware problems and issues plus you can talk about audio/sound cards that don't have their own board here.

Moderators: jc, Moderator

Nacho-RT74
Forum Member

Experience with pakedge switch... AVB compatibily

Postby Nacho-RT74 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:11 pm

What you read guys. I was searching for some affordable option to the EMU AVB switch and found these ( seems to be discontinued ) pakedge units, GW8-GB series. Seems there are several versions, depending on management options.

i just got two used units to check them. The GW8-GBP and the GW8-GBV used on ebay

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THESE UNITS ?... Have some of you used these for this ? Do they really work with AVB protocol ?

It reads AVB in front

Want to use it with Presonus AVB system.

Contacted to Pakedge support system and they weren't really helpfull, just kept saying the only AVB switch they have now is the S3-24P which is a new piece, but 24 ports and the ones I was asking were discontinued. Well my Tascam interfaces for IOS devices are discontinued too but work amazing!... I wanted some portable similar to the MOTU unit

jmail
Master of the Universe
Master of the Universe

Re: Experience with pakedge switch... AVB compatibily

Postby jmail » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:50 pm

I have never heard of them before. I also can find no information on the switch you bought, but in the "old" days, we used to say "a switch is a switch is a switch"... with all the new stuff, and all they hang on them anymore, I don't think that saying applies anymore. All you can do is hook it up., and see if you have comm through it. Do one device at a time, of course.

Nacho-RT74
Forum Member

Postby Nacho-RT74 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:27 pm

Yes, well, it take at least couple of months since will be shipped from USA to Venezuela by sea allong with some other stuff ( saving on shipping ). Still getting more stuff together at warehouse in Miami.

AVB protocol has being around us since several years now, and these units were barelly discontinued last year. I HOPE will work.

I have read good stuff about pakedge stuff, shame I can't say the same about their tech support.

Nacho-RT74
Forum Member

Postby Nacho-RT74 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:27 pm

Anyway, thread is still open to heard from you guys about this

Return to “Audio & Sound Production”