songs and setting up studio

General audio hardware, recording & software discussion. Issues including software installation, mixer settings, cabling setups, mics or other studio equipment. Ask for help with general problems with your system or just discuss anything related to sound and audio recording in general.

General hardware problems and issues plus you can talk about audio/sound cards that don't have their own board here.

Moderators: jc, Moderator

jc
Site Admin

songs and setting up studio

Postby jc » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:53 am

so this evening i have started moving all my gear to my lounge. i have not bothered to clean out much of the stuff in the lounge but slowly just moving things around and putting to the right room :)

also nearly finished writing my first original song to completion. I have the chore of it, the intro, chorus, verses etc .. I just started with a simple 4 chord progression and put some lyrics together. once I got the structure and first part I then had to bring in some more chords for a chorus. It seems to have come together ok. I will upload it soon.
:lol:

Follow Production Forums on Twitter
Like our Facebook page & follow the conversations.

jmail
Master of the Universe
Master of the Universe

Re: songs and setting up studio

Postby jmail » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:31 pm

I wish I was able to finish some of my songs... Between the fact that I don't have much time lately for much of nothing, AND the fact that my songs shtink... I'd probably have about 50 thousand of them... :lol:

But seriously folks, I do have about a half-dozen that'd be OK maybe... My youngest brother is much better at it than me, and the brother just under me can do guitar parts like a wizard. Good "ear" for a melody support, without overpowering the vocal. Me? power chords & distortion is what I do... :lol:

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius
Skype Handle: david.sundancer

Postby TwoRox » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:29 pm

jc wrote:so this evening i have started moving all my gear to my lounge. i have not bothered to clean out much of the stuff in the lounge but slowly just moving things around and putting to the right room :)

also nearly finished writing my first original song to completion. I have the chore of it, the intro, chorus, verses etc .. I just started with a simple 4 chord progression and put some lyrics together. once I got the structure and first part I then had to bring in some more chords for a chorus. It seems to have come together ok. I will upload it soon.

Looks like we're having a lot in parallel going on at the moment, jc! :D

I'm also shuffling (shoveling? :lol: ) things around and setting things up in my apartment all the time, which is all leading up to my recording studio actually getting set up in fullness for the first time! Miracles still do happen! :lol:

And the muses seem to be kissing me also, as I'm coming up with snippets for new, original tunes all the time, and with lyrics for German cover versions of English tunes, et cetera! 8)

I'm gonna snap and upload some pics over the weekend to show how things are progressing here! 8)

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius

Postby TwoRox » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:35 pm

jmail wrote:Between the fact that I don't have much time lately for much of nothing, AND the fact that my songs shtink... I'd probably have about 50 thousand of them... :lol:

I hear ya, brudda! :lol: I got, without exaggeration, several hundred songs / compositions in various stages of completion, from "just a great lick" to "almost done, if only I could come up with the lyrics for the final verse".

But seriously folks, I do have about a half-dozen that'd be OK maybe... My youngest brother is much better at it than me, and the brother just under me can do guitar parts like a wizard. Good "ear" for a melody support, without overpowering the vocal. Me? power chords & distortion is what I do... :lol:

Yeah, me too! :lol: Power chords & distortion, that's where it's at! :lol: (Note to self: pick up your cool baby amp and give it a work-out!)

jc
Site Admin

Postby jc » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:52 am

the pics will be interesting...

im excited about writing songs, it's pretty easy once you have something in your mind and you are in the right frame of mind.

SlayerBear17
Forum Master
Forum Master
Skype Handle: slayerbear17
MySpace Page: www.myspace.com/cbh17

Postby SlayerBear17 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:13 pm

We've been so busy with the band now, I rarely have time for my own stuff, however at least now some of my gear which I have bought years and years ago is finally being used.

Our drummers rehearsal space has been transformed many many times, and we have finally found something that works.

The nightmares however of cable runs and cables failing.....never ends.

check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ChaosBeing666/
Check out my studio build...here.. viewtopic.php?f=127&t=10617
Send me some KOKANEE......Yes you will....Send now !
http://www.chaosbeing.com
Let the Chaos begin...

jc
Site Admin

Postby jc » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:04 am

where do you live now? I guess you will be living together with your family full time soon if not already? Do you have a studio or practice room at your new place? I know you spend a lot of time building your studio at your parents home.

SlayerBear17
Forum Master
Forum Master
Skype Handle: slayerbear17
MySpace Page: www.myspace.com/cbh17

Postby SlayerBear17 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:38 pm

I moved in with my girlfriend. All my gear has been split up in the sense of location. Most of my playing rehearsal gear is now at the drummers place where we can go full tilt.

My recording gear and studio still remain in my parents basement. Which I am now paying them alot less now then I did...but still paying them for storage and still being to use the basement.....so I guess I. M leasing or renting the basement still.

I have a very very small practice set up at my gf's place.

We planning to move into a bigger place.....but seems impossible right now with added expenses.

check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ChaosBeing666/
Check out my studio build...here.. viewtopic.php?f=127&t=10617
Send me some KOKANEE......Yes you will....Send now !
http://www.chaosbeing.com
Let the Chaos begin...

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius

Postby TwoRox » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:53 pm

jc wrote:so this evening i have started moving all my gear to my lounge. i have not bothered to clean out much of the stuff in the lounge but slowly just moving things around and putting to the right room :)

Very cool! :thumbsup

I look forward to it, jc! 8)

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius

Postby TwoRox » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:01 pm

jmail wrote:I wish I was able to finish some of my songs...

But that's always the challenge, isn't it?

Songs are never "done" / "finished" / "complete".

At some point, we just gotta let them "go", "out into the world", or else nobody will ever hear'em.

It's tough, I know.

I have round about two dozen albums worth of material in the works, all in different genres, all in very different stages of "completion"... some may never "see the light of day", others, I might, just might... let loose on the world... (Damn those artists... such a sensitive bunch! LOL )

Return to “Audio & Sound Production”